Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Pelican Brief #2

I said I would continue, didn't I?
Today is Monday 6/11/07 and we arestill at Duncans.

A few things weren't done by the Friday deadline so we decided to stay over the weekend to get them done today. I also added a complete stripping of the roof sealant which covers the overlap of the roof to the sides. They are currently doing that and will then redo the roof sealant to be like new. I'm also having them install two antennas which have gone by the wayside (literally) as the coach is very high and the antennas constantly hit the underpasses of the north. Sooner or later they were gone. I'm not replacing the cellphone antenna as we never used it anyway but there are two FM antennas which I may use sometime. One is for the dash FM and the other for the main receiver in the coach. We have also decided to replace our front door awning with an automatic one by Girard. The one we have has always leaked and is a bear to open and close. It's really a two person job. We'll have to come back here later to have that done as the awning is not scheduled to arrive until Friday. This job involves repainting the area where the awning arms were and takes a little time. We hope to be out of here by the 19th. In the meantime we're back to Spartan to have the front bags checked as they come up too slow. Maybe there is a leak somewhere. So far we are very pleased with Duncan's work. Marlies was all smiles when she saw the floor and I love the new window in the bathroom. Makes a big difference. We're still getting new mirrors by the sink as the old had lost some of their silver from moisture. We should probably put a line of silicone at the bottom. In any case the new mirrors aren't here yet either. Otherwise we've been roaming all over northern Indiana or what they call Michiana. Judy Miller organized a dinner at a local farm house for 16 of us to celebrate Art and Gerri Brodeur's 35th anniversary. Let's just say the outing was different. Marlies and I had just come from lunch at the Studebaker mansion in South Bend (Tippecanoe) where there are many elegant rooms available for dining and the contrast was striking.

We also visited the Studebaker Museum which was almost worth this entire trip. I was in 7th heaven seeing so many cars from my youth. I tried hard to get my mom to push dad into buying a Golden Hawk. He bought a Plymouthy Valiant instead. I still adore those Hawks. The Temples and us tried to repeat that wonderful first dinner at Heinees but it didn't work. I ordered the same meal but it just wasn't the same. I guess Prime Rib doesn't come out the same way each time it's cooked. In any case the company was great and we had a good time. Yesterday (Sunday) we drove to Shipshewana as I figured "something" would be open there in shopping land. I was wrong. We found one pizza place and that was it other then gas stations. So we went back to our coach to deposit some items we bought later at a local market and then went to see Oceans 13. I was not impressed. I'm currently loading some pictures of our travels but the connection is extremely slow. Sooner or later you can see where we roam at myphanfare site. Check out June at http://www.fredrump.phanfare.com/album/309862#imageID=18823940

No comments: