Followers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a peaceful day at Arenal Lodge - May 4th, 2000

We had decided to stay another day at this wonderful place where the birds never stop and the sound is a pleasure. It rains a bit here and there as we sit on our porch but we enjoy the athmosphere. Marlies likes to just sit and relax more then travel these bumpy roads but somehow you have to get to these places and that is the price to pay.

After a particularly heavy rain, the skys started to clear and the colcano came into full view for the first time. Normally the top third is shrouded in the clouds. I have various pictures on my phanfare library to see how this transformation took place. Since I write these notes on a rented computer, I don´t have pictures handy to include. It is mucky and warm now. I won´t be at this station too long.

Late in the day we went searching for the gas station that is supposed to be in town - that is according to the map. Couldn´t find it without directions. I guess I could have used the GPS but who remembers these things. Anyway we filled up to satisfy Marlies´ anxiety about always driving with a full tank in these hills. In town I found a bakery where I got my usual fill of bread and cake. It was a short brake in an otherwise uneventful day.

We have now checked out of this place and are off toward the cloud forest of Mont Verde about half a day´s drive away and most of it unpaved roads. Wish us luck.

No comments: