Followers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

it´s finding access and time

I´m finally in a hotel where they have a computer but the problems with the keyboards and the overall lack of light remains. Electricity is at a premium in CR. All bulbs are kept at bare light and often fairly useless. With the funny keyboard I need to see the keys in order to type.

My own netbook computer has been a complete washout as the keys don´t react to their being pressed. At least not with some semblance of regularity.

I will mainly report on today´s travel from the OSA peninsula to Cartago near to San Jose. THe drive was awful as far as the road condition goes. I had assumed that once we reach the main highway in CR, the Inter-American highway, I´d be in San Jose in a flash. Aftre all CR is the size of WV and I can drive through that state in no time flat. NOt the case here. WE were under constant attack by mountains, clouds (fog) and switchbacks. Typically Marlies started screaming when I went over 35 mph. THe worst part of the trip are the abominable shocks in our car. We feel pebble on the road.

No comments: